Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mirror magic

I always loved my parents mirror they had hanging up in our living room growing up, but the color of it definitely went out of style a while ago.  About a year ago I found it hanging up in one of their rooms in the basement and asked my dad if I could have it.  This is what I did with it.

BEFORE:


It was this beautiful gold color that was fashionable back in the 70s and 80s.  I roughed it up with some sand paper and painted it this:


By the way, don't mind the mess you can't help to notice in the mirror!  I was cleaning out our storage room (across the hall) and all the empty boxes got thrown in here for the time being along with anything else I wanted out of my way.  Eventually I will get it cleaned up and organized... but for now...  I then took my chocolate glaze and dabbed it with a cloth and small paintbrush on top of the blue:


Ta-da!  My new beautiful mirror to forever remind me of my mom:




2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty!! I love it, I think you chose the best colors for it!

    ReplyDelete