Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Front porch project

This project was one I anticipated and wanted to do for years.  I knew what I wanted it to look like, although I changed the details several times before I finally just did it. 

It all started when I had to get my sprinklers fixed.  I was speaking to the sprinkler repairman and I told him my idea for the front area of my house.  He said I needed to pull out the sprinklers for the bushes and cap it off, but while we were talking he began pulling the bushes for me.  Yay me!  I'm sure he added it to the bill, but it sure helped push the project along. 

He pulled out the three bushes I had in that area, pulled up the sprinkler piping and then capped it off for me.  So, now I could finally push forward with my plans!

I forgot to take before pictures, but we have all seen it.  Just imagine a few ugly bushes in front of my bay window with wood chips filling up the gaps.  So here begins the project.


My kids were troopers.  They did not complain once.  We took the large gravel I already had on the side of my house and filled up the area.

Then we went down to American Stone in Lehi and we picked up 4 different loads of large stones.  And very carefully we placed them around, until it was filled.  Then we filled in the gaps with more gravel and sand.

Then I began putting on my planters.

I took two of my older outdoor chairs and I painted them a dark brownish, sparkly color.  And I painted the table red.
And this is it.  I completely changed the look of my front yard!  And I love it!  Now I can sit out in front and watch my kids play and enjoy my neighborhood!



No comments:

Post a Comment