Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friends Forever

I have noticed through the years there are many people who come in and out of my life. Some stay for a long time, others for a while and others are out before they were really in. Then there are those who have been there for as long as I can remember! This past Saturday I went out to breakfast with three of my dear friends. It was an extremely good time and it felt like no time had even passed since the last time we had been together. These girlfriends of mine have been around since Junior High and no matter how life has changed we have managed to remain friends.

I noticed as we were chatting away about our lives, that all of us are SO happy and content. We talked about what is going on with our lives right now and it was so much fun to listen to where each of our lives have taken us. We had a few moments of laughs about the old times, but it was not as enjoyable as it used to be. It was more interesting and more exciting to hear about the NOW. It did not matter what our political and religious views are, it did not matter if we are rich, poor or in between and it did not matter about our past decisions that got us to the place we are today... all that mattered was how happy we all were and how fun it was to just be there together and laugh like teenage girls again! I’m sure there were a few people more than annoyed with us, but really who cares. It did not matter because we were thoroughly enjoying a happy reunion!

I had dug up a picture of ALL of us, back so many years ago and it made me laugh. It had been a surprise birthday party for one of my friends. We had so much fun that night! It amazes me that despite the years, the changes and even the distances between us we have all managed to find our way back to our friendships. So here is to ALL my dear friends (the ones who were far away or unable to make it) and here is to all my new and old friends every where else. Thank you for your continuous friendship and love.

Does anyone have any great stories about their friends? Please feel free to add a comment on friendship or about your friends! I would love to hear all about it... Have a great night and I will be returning soon so keep reading! Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. love it!! So long ago! Remember that futon got broken...Rachael?? lol

    ReplyDelete