Saturday, November 13, 2010

My ramblings!

Can I just say this week... no this past month has been completely crazy!  I am really wanting to get more involved in my blog and spend just about every day posting something new, but it seems like my family has another plan for me.  Between dance for Makayla, TaeKwonDo for Chandler, work and the house for myself and just having Brayden take up every extra minute he can, it seems like I am done in before I get the chance to focus on what I want to do!  The life of a mother... now I know why my mom was dragged in so many directions and seemed at times to be stretched to the limit.  She was an amazing person who raised seven children and I actually think we all turned out pretty normal... well, at least for the most part... of course, normal is a bit boring so I would say a bit of disfunction and abnormality does play a part in our family at times!

Any ways, back to the craziness!  I love it!  Well... most of the time.  Some times I just want to shut my door and crawl into my warm cozy bed and fall asleep while the crazy life continues on the other side.  However, most of the time I love the constant going going going.  I have so much fun with my family and friends.  I love going with my kids to their activities and I love going out with my husband, my siblings, my dad or my friends.  I love playing with my baby and hearing him scream and laugh.  Although, he now screams whenever he wants something.  What is up with that?  He only says mama and dada and everything else is a scream and pointing.  I have to say this is a whole new way of communicating, since my two other kids spoke at early ages and were able to tell me what they wanted with English words!  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fix this screaming so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

So... back to the crazy life.  Let's start with today.  Brayden woke me up at 6:30 this morning.  Why, you ask?  I have no clue.  He enjoys waking up before the sun, so he can get his playing in before everyone else can bother him.  Grrrr... I think Saturdays should be sleep in days, at least until 8:00.  I have never been a morning person!  Mike had to work this morning so he was not around to share in my joys of early rising, even though he had to get earlier than myself.  Well, we were leaving for Duchesne, Utah at 9:30, so I did not spend much time sitting on the couch nodding in and out although it did seem like the thing to do so early in the morning.  Once Chandler was awake I began to get ready while he watched Brayden.  I could have spent all morning in the shower, but with my dad arriving at our house at 9:30 I knew I actually HAD to stay on task.  You would think I had plenty of time to get ready and get the kids fed and ready as well, but it seems like time just disappears when you are busy.  Before I knew it 9:00 was here and I still had to get everything together for my neices present (we were going for her 3rd birthday) and I still had to pack Braydens diaper bag.  FYI: never go on a two hour drive without everything a one year old needs and wants!  9:30 came quickly and we were ready to go.  I got in the car and pulled it out of the garage and called my dad.  He had gone back for the directions and so he was a little behind.  Good for me.  I now had time to send Chandler off on a couple of errands to neighbors homes and to make sure I had everything we needed for the drive.  My dad drove up as I was back in the house because the cats needed food put in their dish before we left and Chandler had to put his bike back in the garage.  I hurried and locked up and jumped back in my car and away we went. 

Two hours up to Duchesne was not that bad.  My dad and I talked most of the time and Brayden, thankfully, slept most of the drive.  We arrived just before noon and enjoyed lunch, watched Meg blow out her candles and open her many presents.  She is such a beautiful girl!  My brother and sister-in-law are going to have their hands full with that one!  HAHA!  Chandler and Makayla explored the outside of their house and climbed the hill I told them NOT to climb.  Why do I even bother?  I guess I should not be so protective of them... they are growing up and what is a hill any ways?  I used to climb the mountain next to my house when I was younger then them.  I just don't want them to grow up so fast.  Any ways, we spent a good hour and a half up at there house.  We would have stayed longer, but Chandler was getting bored (there's only so much exploring a nine year old with ADHD can do) and my dad was getting tired.  So, we drove two hours back home and this time it seemed to take forever.  Next time I will definitely have to make a whole day of it so I don't feel like I was just in the stupid car.

Home was a great sight!  And I needed a nap.  I finally convinced Makayla to watch Brayden while Mike played his video game and I went up to my room for that much deserved nap.  I was out like a light... until I heard Brayden scream.  Geez... I need a sound proof room!  He was mad at something and he was wanting the whole neighborhood to know. I slowly dragged myself out of my warm bed and walked out of my room and down to the kitchen, where Makayla was feeding Brayden a banana.  Who knows what he wanted.  He was getting all the attention he needed along with food and drink.  SERIOUSLY!  I sat down next to him and asked him what his problem was.  He smiled and put his arms out for me to pick him up.  Maybe he just wanted his mom!  That's okay by me. 

I hardly got anything done all day, but it was over before I had to chance to even think about my house.  That's okay.  My house is tidy enough.  Yes, there are things on the countertop, the dishes are not all the way done and my stairs need some vacuuming, but those are things I am willing to put off for another day of craziness.

I guess one day is good enough for this post!  I could ramble on and on about nothing for hours, but my eyes are getting heavy and my kids want me to watch 2012 with them before we head off to bed.  Why we are up so late is beyond me.  Maybe because I let them sleep in this morning and I got a nap... but, it was a good day filled with great conversation and constant chaos!  I love my life and I would never trade it for another!

Tell me about your days... I would love to hear what happens in the days of my readers.  I know I don't have that many regulars, but for those of you who do enjoy my writings, tell us about a day in the life of you!  Until next time... sleep tight!

2 comments:

  1. In the morning, I get ready and get the kids off to school. I go to work or school and then back home in time to pick up my kindergartner at 2 and other kids at 3. Homework, soccer, dinner, clean up and it's me back out the door to school/work until 9:30-10pm. That's every day except Wednesday when I don't have to go to school at night and I get my tv watching in and my laundry done and my grocery shopping and did you notice there wasn't a 'time' for me to exercise? Well, that's right, so I'm getting older and fatter and not happy about how I look right now. I've got to find BALANCE! and a good trainer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa, I hear ya girl! Whenever I add exercise into my day, something or someone gets neglected! Balance is key... now to figure out how to make it work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete