Friday, October 29, 2010

Shopping is my Therapy

Yes... it is true. It has been true for as long as I can remember! I remember days where I would be aching to go spend money I did not have. It still happens, but I have learned to control those urges! Well... most of the time! Take tonight for example. My sister-in-law sent me a notice on Facebook to LIKE a boutique. So I did because I not only like boutiques, I LOVE them! I noticed they were having a 20% off deal for one item and I ALSO noticed they did not close until 10PM. Yep, you can guess it... I hopped/danced into my car and drove joyfully over there. I promised my husband I would be good and I actually was, but I did not even have to spend what I did spend! But the store was SO darling and I could have easily spent a few hundred dollars there. Their jeans are only $49 and they are all blinged out and fit great.


What is wrong with me?!?! It’s like a monster takes over and I can not control myself. I am aching to go back and buy those jeans or maybe even a couple pair of jeans! How fun would that be!! Of course I would have to return them, because bills being paid has to take precedence... right?!?! I did end up buying a shirt... a completely beautiful shirt and I will love it forever... well, until the next best thing comes along!

And isn’t that how it always work. I mean really... shopping is my therapy but it is never ending. I spend, take home, enjoy for five minutes and then I am on to the next cute shirt. It is almost like a drug. I have to get my fix, but then I have to go back for more and more and more and before I know it I am in debt. Then I NEED more therapy! Well, geez SHOPPING did not solve a thing.

Okay, so I am not that bad, any more. However, I used to be really bad. I could never save. If I had money in my pocket it was spent fast and efficiently. It was like it was burning a hole in my pocket. My sweet friends who know me so well, will remember these days! I had no problem putting a great pair of jeans ahead of my cell phone bill or my electricity bill. Who cares if they got turned off... I will just call and beg them to work with me and it will all work out and I will get to keep the great pair of jeans! But then something else even better comes along... and the circle of life continues.

Any ways, I have learned to control those urges for the most part... but every once and a while this thing goes off in my head and all self-control goes out the window or the door or the chimney, wherever I can toss it! By the time I get to the store I can some times talk myself out of spending any money and other times I can MOSTLY talk myself out of spending most of my money... like tonight. I got a shirt. YAY! It’s a cute shirt and I did not go spend our whole savings on the rest of the store. So tonight is a victory!!

Although, I should change the title... shopping is my drug!

PS... For those who are curious, the boutiques name is SexyModest Boutique in American Fork, Utah.  Hope you enjoy it as much or more than I did!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem, I will wander the store until I have talked myself down! If I have money I ache to go to the store. I will tell most people that I hate shopping, that is only because I hate standing there waiting for my hubby to finish looking at what he is interested in so that I can go look at what I want. My hubby is worse when it comes to being a shopaholic than I am though. He is horrible when it comes to going to the mall!!!

    ReplyDelete