Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zesty Barbecue Chicken - Crock pot recipe

This is an easy recipe that I use when I'm in a hurry or I want to throw something easy together in the crock pot.  My family loves it and the gravy left over is great to put on top of potatoes.  I hope you all enjoy this!

5-8 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (12 oz) bottle of barbecue sauce (any flavor is good, I've tried most)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBL Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in slow cooker.  In a bowl mix together remainder of ingredients and then pour over the chicken.  Cover and cook 3 - 4 hours on high or 6 - 8 hours on low.  Save the gravy and use on potatoes.  OPTION:  Add diced onions to mixture and cook with the chicken.  I also add more Worcestershire sauce because I love it.

Let me know how you like this meal!  I love to hear feedback and different versions of this recipe.  Also make sure you share this recipe from my blog with others!

1 comment:

  1. sounds good :) I will try that one for sure- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete